Monday, January 09, 2006

Welcome to CommTopics!

CommTopics is a blog/Web site for communication studies students (and faculty) at Boston College from me, Ken Liss, the Communication Librarian at BC.

On this site, I'll bring you news, tips, suggestions, and ideas to help you make the most of research tools and resources available to you as a member of the BC community.

I'll include copies of the "Books & Bytes" information tips I present in the Communication Department's weekly Major Mail e-newsletter. I'll also highlight and review important, useful, or just plain interesting new books, Web sites, journal issues, and other sources I think you might find valuable.

I'm a news junkie -- online and off -- and I always have my eyes and ears open for communication-related stories in print, on radio and TV, and on the Web. I'll use CommTopics to share some of these, and I invite discussion of the communication questions they raise and how communication researchers might approach them.

CommTopics has also been set up to provide easy access to key BC communication resources. There are three drop-down menus at the top of the right-hand column. Use these to select and go to a database, a support page for a course you're enrolled in, or a helpful research guide. There are also links to Quest (the BC Libraries catalog) and, further down the column, to other useful resources.

CommTopics is designed to complement other ways I share information and ideas with you. If you have comments or suggestions about how to make CommTopics work better, please send them to me at lissk@bc.edu

Thanks,

- Ken

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ken,

I appreciate your tips, thanks!

One question - how to track the other BC library related blogs?

-David