Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Research Support from the Communication Librarian

(From Books & Bytes in Major Mail)
Welcome to the 2006-2007 Academic Year! Many of you know me from years past, but whether we've met or not, I'm here to help with papers, projects, coursework, and making the most of the incredible -- and sometimes bewildering -- array of research resources available to you as a communication student at Boston College.

Here are some of the ways I can help:
  • Classroom Sessions: I'll be visiting many of your classes (about 15 lined up so far) for research instruction sessions specific to the needs of the course.
  • Individual Consultations: I'm available for customized help on research questions large and small. E-mail, call, or drop by my office. (My contact info is on this page.)
  • Books & Bytes in Major Mail: Watch Major Mail each week for news, tips, suggestions, and ideas about communication information resources available to you. [Books & Bytes infotips will be archived here on CommTopics.]
  • CommTopics: The BC Communication Studies Blog: CommTopics highlights and reviews important, useful, or just plain interesting databases, books, Web sites, journal issues, and communication-related stories in the news.
  • My Home Page: Visit my home page for links to key databases, course support pages, research guides, an RSS feed of new items from CommTopics, and more.

I look forward to working with you. Let me know how I can help.

No comments: