Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Research Help from the Communication Librarian

Welcome to the 2008-2009 Academic Year! Many of you know me from years past, but whether we've met or not, I'm here to help with papers, projects, coursework, and making the most of the incredible -- and sometimes bewildering -- array of research resources available to you as a communication student at Boston College.

Here are some of the ways I can help:
  • Classroom Sessions: I'll be visiting many of your classes (16 lined up so far) for research instruction sessions specific to the needs of the course.
  • Individual Consultations: I'm available for customized help on research questions large and small. E-mail, call, use the Live Help box on this or other pages, or drop by my office.
  • Books & Bytes in Major Mail: Watch Major Mail each week for news, tips, suggestions, and ideas about communication information resources available to you. [Books & Bytes infotips will be archived here on CommTopics.]
  • CommTopics: The BC Communication Studies Blog: CommTopics highlights and reviews important, useful, or just plain interesting databases, books, Web sites, journal issues, and communication-related stories in the news.
  • My Home Page: Visit my home page for links to key databases, course support pages, research guides, an RSS feed of new items from CommTopics, and more.

I look forward to working with you. Let me know how I can help.

- Ken

No comments: