Monday, October 27, 2008

Meebo Me! Live Help Online

Do you sometimes wish you could get instant help when doing research online?

On many of my Web pages you’ll see a gray “Meebo” box labeled Ask for Help or Get Live Help. If I’m online, it will say “Ken Liss is online.” Type a message in the lower part of the box and hit enter, and I’ll respond.

It could be a quick question or a more complicated research problem. In either case, both ends of our live chat will appear in the upper box.

I’m not always available, but when I am I can answer many research questions this way. (If we need to meet in person we can arrange it right then and there.)

If the box says I’m offline, you can leave me a message without having to send an e-mail, and I’ll get it when I log back in. Just be sure to tell me who you are, how to reach you, and what you need help with. That way I can get back to you with an answer later.

Of course, you can always contact me the old-fashioned way – via e-mail, phone, or dropping by my office. But, whatever the method, don’t be afraid to ask for help.

No comments: