Monday, October 30, 2006

Customized Help with Your Papers and Projects

(From Books & Bytes in Major Mail)
Many of you have attended library instruction sessions for one or more of your Communication courses. These sessions are designed to point out key resources and the best ways to use them. But when it's time to work on your own paper, project, or presentation, you may have more specific questions relating to your research.

It may be a question of which of the many available resources will be most useful for your topic. Or what terms to use when the ones you've tried don't seem to be bringing up anything useful. Or how to narrow your search because you're finding too much.

That's where individual research consultations can help. The amount of information available to you can be overwhelming, but you don't have to tackle it alone. I'm here to help. Drop me an e-mail or give me a call, and we'll set up a time to meet. If you're in the Library, feel free to drop in and see if I'm available. (My office, O’Neill 313, is on the main floor, along the back wall, near the atlas cases.)

One tip: if contacting me by e-mail or leaving a voice mail, include as much detail about your project as possible. That way, I can do some preliminary digging before we meet and quickly get you pointed in the right direction and on the road to productive research.

No comments: